Senior Vice President of Adult Services or designee
Ensure the health care needs of individuals supported by HMEA are met through the highest standards of care.
- Registered Nurse License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience (3 of which must be in health care for individuals with IDD/MH)
- Minimum 2-3 years management and 5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving status as determined by HMEA.
- Additional specific experience may be required.
- Ability to see, speak and hear
- Ability to kneel, bend and carry items.
- Ability to transfer individuals from and to wheelchair.
- Ability to tolerate significant amounts of walking, standing and sitting.
- Ability to complete and implement any physical training requirements determined by HMEA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and commitment to, agency mission and values.
- Supervise Assistant VP of Health Services and divide the supervison of 14Medical Coordinators and Day Habilitation Nurses to ensure that health care needs of supported individuals are coordinated and monitored at the highest standards of care
- Ensure department’s provision of Residential Health Care trainings, MRT trainings, Day Hab trainings and other topic specific areas as identified and/or requested based on the needs of the individuals supported
- Design and ensure the implementation of systems for monitoring DPH certifications and MAP procedures, in conjunction with the agency’s MAP Oversight RN
- Ensure department’s compliance with regulatory practices and health-related procedures including the highest level of compliance through ongoing surveys and audits (DDS, CARF, DMA, MAP)
- Develop and continually update agency Policies and Procedures related to health care provision.
- Ensure intakes and referrals for services in the agency’s various divisions are evaluated in a timely manner and participate in relevant referral meetings
- Actively participate as member of agency’s expanded admin team
- Ensure staff meetings for Medical Coordinators and Day Hab Nurses occur regularly
- Develop and implement department’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the agency’s Strategic Planning process
- Identify and review performance measures/data on health-related outcomes for the department
- Responsible for recruitment and retention for Health Services; in conjunction with agency recruiter, conduct nurse interviews and hiring for vacant positions, promote staff retention through management efforts
- Ensure the department’s effective utilization of the agency’s EMR to document and track identified health related documentation
- Assume other Medical Coordinator’s duties when necessitated by absence or vacancy
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Respect –shows respect for self, coworkers and the individuals supported.
- Interpersonal Skills- maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication- speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication- is able to read and write information to communicate.
- Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Computer Literacy Skills
- Quality control- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability- adapts to changes in the work environment and deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability- is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security- actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org