Full-time, exempt, salaried. Supervised by Nonotuck President & CEO
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field
- Five years’ managerial and supervisor experience in human resources management.
- Advanced knowledge of human resource functions including employee relations, recruitment, learning and development
- Advanced knowledge of applicable rules and regulations
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to negotiate and mediate conflict; liaison with agency labor counsel
- Ability to identify, organize and allocate resources.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner
- Willingness to perform other duties as required
- Preferred: SPHR designation
- Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence
- Agency Values - Understand, embraces, and integrates Nonotuck values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers
- Employee Service – Identifies and responds to current and future employee needs by providing excellent service
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization; participates as member of Nonotuck’s Executive Management Team
- Leadership- Maintains a productive climate and advises employees to meet high performance standards
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: The incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Delegation – delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others
- Management Skills – is available to staff; provides regular supervision; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth
- Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Planning & Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realist action plans
- Processing – this position involves hands-on processing of
- A. employee benefits including HRIS, spreadsheets and other tools of the trade
- B. Recruiting: job ads, postings, disseminating resumes to supervisors
- C. Oversee new hire paperwork, via Check Writers and paper materials
- D. 401k enrollments and changes
- Orientation – provide orientation to new employees
- Supervision – supervises one full-time Administrative Assistant; the AA works with and supports all departments in the Northampton office as well as statewide offices
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. This position is based in Northampton, MA; Nonotuck has offices statewide and travel to these offices is an essential part of the job.
Full-time exempt employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, dental insurance, health reimbursement account, flexible spending account, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term/long-term disability insurance, access to our employee assistance program. Potential for year-end profit share bonus. Visit us at www.nonotuck.com and Nonotuck Facebook.
This position has an anticipated start date of March 2019.
Nonotuck Resource Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume to Jack Kelleher, firstname.lastname@example.org