SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Vice President of Human Resources/Professional Development reports to the President & CEO. This position will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of the Agency’s Human Resource Program. Management of the Human Resource function includes recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, labor relations and employee communications. The VP is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as they relate to the HR function.
The VP is responsible for creating and implementing training programs that ensure regulatory compliance and job effectiveness. This is a senior management, salaried, exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct supervision of Human Resources Staff, Professional Development Staff and Front Office Staff
- Develop appropriate systems to direct, coordinate and supervise all human resource functions/activities ensuring monitoring and equity across the agency for pay scale, evaluations, corrective action measures and benefits/compensation.
- Develop systems to obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to senior leaders to inform decisions (attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement, work related injuries/comp claims and other data).
- Oversee employment services including recruiting, hiring, reassignment, and scheduling orientation of new employees.
- Develop and assist in the development of employee recognition programs to foster a culture of value and identify talent within the agency.
- Ensure compliance of professional and administrative policies, COBRA, I-9, and employment laws and government regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of benefit laws and IRS requirements to ensure Venture’s compliance with laws and regulations in regards to benefits.
- Responsible for the workers compensation and unemployment reporting process.
- Collaborates with senior management regarding strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the grievance process for all employees.
- Coordinate legal process with Agency attorney (i.e. MCAD claims, etc.)
- Assist employees with questions regarding retirement, health benefits, dental benefits, disability insurance, life insurance and other employee benefits.
- Promote wellness programs to increase healthy work environments; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees (i.e. Unum). Oversee appropriate employee engagement programs.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork/documentation is completed in a timely manner to facilitate including new employees on the payroll system, creating a personnel file on each new employee, and providing an orientation session.
- Oversee FMLA, MMLA and SNLA leave processes, to include verification of employee eligibility, obtaining/maintaining proper documentation, tracking of time and determination and tracking of benefit payments.
- Maintain all HR policies and the Agency Policy and Procedure Manual in a current manner, updating policies as needed.
- Oversee and/or respond to employee information request, as appropriate (i.e. employment verification, income verification etc.)
- Authorized Signatory Agent on designated employee benefit plans (i.e. ING, MetLife, etc.) after consulting with the President & CEO.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies that partner with Venture.
- Direct supervision of Training Coordinator and Trainers.
- Oversee coordination of Orientation and ongoing trainings for all staff.
- Development of curriculum for trainings, development of marketing of educational materials and marketing/sales of trainings.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organizational and statutory policies, including health and safety, employment and equality laws.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate phone coverage when requested.
- Requires occasional evening and weekend hours
- Attendance at administrative and other meetings as required.
- Respond to employee information requests, as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to improve the current systems
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong managerial experience in the HR field of business practices as they relate to the developmental disabilities field. Strong background in recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, management training, employee communications and human relations.
- Organized, dependable and even temperament; good phone manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of office equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of employees.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, reach and file.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resource Management
- Minimum of five years of Human Resource Management experience including at least one year in management capacity
- Attendance in trainings, to include: Practical Information & Skills for HR Support Staff, Foundation for HR Administration Certificate Series, Human Resource Management Certificate Series, Employment Law-related training, Health care cost-related training, Performance Appraisal-related training, Supervision-related training, Workers Compensation-related training, FMLA-related training
- Must be 21+ years old, have a valid driver’s license, daily use of a car on site and be available by telephone for daily contact.