Type: Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours per Week: 40
Advocates is seeking a full-time Ph.D/Psy.D level Behavioral Consultant to join our regional team of consultants and psychologists. The Behavioral Consultant is responsible for providing behavioral consultation, intervention and therapy to individuals as referred by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). The Behavioral Consultant will provide direction and supervision to all staff assigned to the program.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide clinical consultation to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, residential programs, vocational programs and schools as referred by DDS.
- Ensure comprehensive and continuous communication between staff, clients, families and programs.
- Responsible for the development of assessment, intervention and monitoring strategies.
- Coordinate training and provide supervision for staff working with individuals with developmental disabilities on his/her caseload.
- Provide fiscal management of the program.
- Respond to referrals for emergency evaluations and interventions as requested by DDS and other authorized individuals.
- Provide on-call services as part of a rotation including other consultants in the program.
- Proactively identify clinical risks and potential safety issues for clients.
- Doctorate in Psychology or related field. License-eligible candidates encouraged to apply!
- Extensive knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis, Cognitive Behavioral Interventions and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with developmentally disabled individuals exhibiting severe behavior problems.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Advanced judgement skills.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.