Type: Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours per Week: 40
The Behavioral Treatment Specialist is responsible for assisting in responding to individuals served by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) who are in behavioral or psychiatric crisis. Provide direct services to consumers in community settings who are at risk for crisis through working with staff and families providing training and assisting in the implementation of behavioral management program.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Respond to emergencies and manage crisis plans.
- Assist in providing assessment and management of behavioral and psychiatric emergencies.
- Direct data collection and monitoring of behavioral intervention.
- Provide staff training and monitoring of behavioral plans.
- Assist staff and families in implementation of behavioral intervention.
- Assist Clinical department in the development of assessment, intervention, and monitoring strategies.
- Document service provision by completing graphs, filing data sheets and reports.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Basic computer knowledge
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.