Schedule: 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- The primary responsibility of this position is to engage homeless adults in the next step programs that lead to permanent housing and increased self-sufficiency.
- The Case Manager position will be spent doing extensive outreach in the dining room and follow up case management services.
- Complete intake, Information Disclosure Agreement to assess client’s needs and discuss possible resources.
- Develop with the client an Individual Service Plan that is strengths based and identifies individual needs, goals and a plan of action.
- Advocate for and assist clients with securing eligible benefits including: SSI, SSDI, Veterans Disability, unemployment compensation, pensions and/or tax refunds and Health Care.
- Maintain appropriate records, track client’s progress and collect information based on the program requirements.
- Partner with Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) and other day center staff through weekly staff meetings and additional case conference meetings when necessary.
- BA preferred (degree requirement can be waived with an additional year of experience).
- Two years direct care experience providing services to adults with mental illness, homelessness, and addiction issues.
- Proficiency in word processing and HMIS computer functions.
- Demonstrated professional communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of clients, other care providers, family and community members.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human service environment.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.