Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Salary: $13.73 per hour
- Lead group in planning and implementing training and therapeutic activities that support Service Plan goals.
- Utilize training and teaching strategies to engage individuals and demonstrate skills of engagement to staff assigned to your group.
- Teach developmental skills to increase independent functioning including self-care, self-preservation, receptive and expressive communication, self advocacy, self-direction, and activities of daily living, (including personal hygiene & grooming, first aid and meal selection and preparation).
- Provide supportive counseling to participants around daily personal and social issues.
- Provide required documentation for participant activities for each day.
- Report medical and health concerns to the Healthcare Supervisor and provide emergency interventions as needed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Day Habilitation Service Plans, goals, and activities for assigned caseload.
- In collaboration with program participants, help them to identify and develop plans, goals and objectives that are measurable and tailored to their individual strengths, needs and interests.
- Assess participant training needs, help develop descriptive teaching programs and monitor effectiveness through data collection.
- Communicate Service Plan objectives to staff working in your group.
- Assess progress made on Service Plan objectives and document in progress notes completed by the fifteenth day of the following month.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors to develop and implement program goals and ensure that program and regulatory requirements are met.
- Attend staff meetings, treatment team meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and seminars as required to develop skills and information for program operations.
- Deliver all services to all program participants at all times with respect and dignity in accordance with human rights training, DMR regulations for human rights, and Bay Cove standards.
- Provide emergency interventions and physical assistance to program participants whenever it is needed.
- Provide client coverage for other groups and activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field is preferred.
- One year experience in a training program for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Obtain after hire and maintain certification in CPR and SFA are required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.