Do you have a passion for psychology? Are you a great listener? Looking to develop your counseling skills?
We have an opportunity for you!
Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to provide valuable care to individuals in a group home setting! The Direct Care Counselor is responsible for supervising the daily activities of and assisting in goal achievement with program residents. Counselors provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling and work with residents toward improvement in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, community living skills and behavior.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Guide: Provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and supervision to individuals in a residential setting, working collaboratively with other service providers when needed. Monitor and document medication administration as appropriate.
- Plan: Collaboratively develop and document growth plans such as Individualized Action Plans (IAPs) and Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) with the clients.
- React: Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Document: Communicate clients’ progress, mental status, and any changes in computerized daily notes.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.