The Division Director (DD) of Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) provides overall management and direction of the Adult Foster Care (AFC), Shared Living (SL), Money Follow the Person (MFP), Individualized In-Home Supports (IIHS) and AFC Supplemental Services. The DD is responsible for managing staff, developing program budgets, and developing and implementing policies and procedures aligned with organizational strategic direction. The successful candidate will be mission-focused with an ability to motivate teams, systematically monitor progress, and maximize billing while supporting the organization’s overall strategy and mission.
- Develop and meet program and organizational strategic goals.
- Supervise the Program Director of AFC/Shared Living and the Program Director of IIHS/AFC Supplemental Services and work collaboratively with the Division Director of Nursing for Clinical Coordination of AFC programming.
- Consistent adherence to quality and accreditation standards.
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach plans to recruit caregivers and increase program census.
- Responsible for the fiscal performance compared to budget targets.
- Direct and manage the Referral and Discharge process of assigned programs.
- Oversight and management of program participant, caregiver, and personnel records in all databases ensuring compliance with agency, state and federal guidelines.
- Conduct staff supervisions, provide coaching, performance management, staff development, staff evaluations and assesses staff training needs with consistency.
- Promotes and represents The Arc of Opportunity’s strategic initiatives, in the broader community resulting in the expansion of business.
- Ensure and participate in the 24/7 emergency response line for all placements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, CORI and Federal Fingerprinting are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in relevant field with a minimum of five years’ experience in the AFC, IIHS and/or Moving Forward Program. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Marketing, outreach, sales, and/or other relevant program development experience.
- Working knowledge of IIHS, AFC and Moving Forward Program standards.
- Familiarity with DDS, MRC, Nursing facilities, and other referral sources/outreach locations.
- Strong mathematical aptitude for budgetary, funding, cost benefits analysis, and general business purposes.
- Functional and situational reasoning ability to gather and apply factual information, exercise sound judgment, problem solve and apply principles of influence systems such as motivation, team building, accountability, coaching/counseling of staff and leadership within the scope of the position.
- Cross-functional communication skills, which convey clear direction, desired results and vision to direct reports, individuals/families served, government agencies, community partners, funding sources, peers and senior management.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, tuition assistance, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.