As a member of the South Valley DDS programs management team, the Employment Supports Program Coordinator will provide leadership and supervision of the Employment Supports program, utilizing a team-based, multi-disciplinary approach in accordance with agency philosophy, mission and vision.
- Provide ongoing supervision, evaluation and support to assigned staff.
- Assist program participants to identify, achieve and maintain personally meaningful community work experiences.
- Assist in the identification and training of naturally occurring supports in the participant’s work, community and social environments.
- Coordinate referral, intake and placement process.
- Provide vocational case management services to program participants as a member of his/her support team.
- Provide employer training and support to facilitate participant success.
- Maintain employer and participant satisfaction through regular contact, prompt resolutions of problems and mediation of employer/employee conflicts.
- Assure compliance with all applicable Federal and State labor laws.
- In collaboration with Program Administrator, function as liaison with funding agencies.
- In collaboration with Program Administrator, provide leadership role in program development.
- In collaboration with Program Administrator, identify and facilitate staff training and development.
- Assume applicable administrative responsibilities in absence of Program Administrator.
- Provide leadership role in promoting staff commitment and implementation of quality service principles.
- Ensure completion and maintenance of documentation as required by KDC and all applicable funding agencies.
- Participate in professional development activities and trainings necessary to enhance skills.
- Assist in outreach activities and program fund-raising activities.
- Provide emergency and/or administrative beeper coverage services as assigned.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive travel required.
- Ability to meet with individuals within their work settings and/or homes.
- Ability to sit for moderate time periods.
- Frequent phone use required.
- Ability to use computer.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the provision and coordination of vocational and employment supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide outreach and networking activities in the community.
- Knowledge of applicable labor and employment law.
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software.
- Bachelor's degree or three (3) years as a vocational counselor