The Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill our Entry Level Administrative Assistant position. Candidates for this position will provide technical assistance to Lead Trainers perform basic administrative duties as assigned by the Council’s Training Manager. Hours are fixed: Monday-Friday 9:30am to 4:00 with a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Position is on a contract basis at $18.00 per hour. Position is telework eligible subject to agency policy and Executive Director approval.
Under the direction of the Training Manager:
- Assist the Training Team in the development and updating of class materials and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist the Training Team in recruiting students and scheduling classes.
- Provide in-person training support self-advocate
- Provide technical support to Trainers and Students on virtual classroom platform (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.)
- Participate on Training Team follow up meetings and develop meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support to Trainers and assist them in time management.
- Conduct data entry utilizing the Council’s web-based platform.
- Conduct research as assigned.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and other meetings as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Position may require work outside the normal business hours, including weekends.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel and overnight stays is a requirement
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in conducting training or proficiency in on-line meeting software
- Proficiency in Excel/ PowerPoint/ Word/Outlook, etc.
- Proficiency in using remote meeting applications such as Zoom/Teams.
- Knowledge of operating audio-visual equipment
- Experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities is desired.
- Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.