Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Routine Building and Equipment Maintenance Makes assessments and identifies solutions for needed repairs and preventative maintenance, with focus on cost effectiveness and durability.
- Purchases required materials with focus on cost effectiveness.
- Performs necessary repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance.
- Works as part of construction team on larger projects.
- Communicates and coordinates with building occupants.
- Minimizes impact when work must be performed in occupied spaces.
- Trains building occupants on building systems and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares documentation of existing conditions, work performed, time allocation, and purchases.
- Performs grounds care tasks such as landscaping and snow removal.
- Moves furniture and other materials.
- Works evenings, weekends or holidays, as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Provide emergency on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Assumes responsibility for keeping driver’s license current.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self, tools and materials to and from job sites.
- Follows and implements all safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff.
- Demonstrated hands-on construction or building maintenance experience, preferably in a property management/development setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team context.
- Documentation and communication skills, as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences with co-workers.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced and challenging human service and property management/development environment.
- Ability to do painting as needed.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to multiple floors to perform assessments and make repairs/improvements.
- Ability to do heavy lifting.
- Consistent access to reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self, tools and materials to and from job locations.
- Consistent access to own basic tools for use on the job.
- Driving License Required? Yes