The Contracts Manager reports to the Executive Vice-President /CFO, and is a resourceful, self-disciplined and creative team member, responsible for the management, support and maintenance of all contractual relationships with the Department of Developmental Services and other contracted services that support the mission of Venture Community Services, Inc. The Contracts Manager will assist in oversight and support of Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting operations and is responsible for the direct supervision of the Budget Analyst. This is a salaried, exempt position.
- Supervision and Evaluation of the Budget Analyst.
- Understanding of EOHHS Department of Developmental Services and Mass Health Rate Regulations
- Oversight and monitoring of organizational contract development and management activities for all governmental and contracted service activities, to include enforcement of organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Preparation and maintenance of funding source contracts and amendments, funding allocations, FTE staffing schedules, management or annual and mid-year contracting processes and adherence to deadlines to final contract filing.
- Conduct Internal Contract Management Strategy Meetings to identify critical funding issues and service recipient support needs and to facilitate discussions with programmatic directors and managers to identify additional funding needs and to provide critical consultation.
- Attend Department of Developmental Services Annual Open/Close and Quarterly Regional Provider Contract Meetings.
- Develop and present pro-rated and annualized budgets for additional support funding needs to the DDS Area and Regional liaisons.
- Provide oversight support to the Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper to ensure accuracy and integrity of monthly contract billing and service delivery.
- Monitor service delivery for all contracted services and recommend and prepare funding amendments as needed to avoid reversion of fiscal obligations to the Commonwealth.
- Develop, maintain and distribute Operational and Payroll expense allocations for all non-direct employee and management positions.
- Ensure that all contracts are properly entered into Agency databases and that they meet all IT policies and regulations inforce.
- Assist with monthly, YTD and annual Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting support of operating expense performance of cost center reporting.
- Assist with development, variance analysis and interpretation of reports that outline the Agency’s revenue, expense and margin performance versus contract budgets and strategic profit/loss margin forecasts, to include analysis of Agency expenditures and utilization of other resources as part of an ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the overall agency operations.
- Provide oversight to the Budget Analyst with preparation of Annual Strategic Budget and financial projections for year-end forecasting based on maximum funding obligations.
- Generate computerized reports for the Executive Vice-President/CPR and external Audit Team upon request.
- Assist with the development and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and systems with a focus on efficiencies and financial controls.
- Provide assistance to the General Ledger/Fixed Asset Manager with the coordination of annual external audit and Audit Engagement Team reporting and documentation provision as needed.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attendance at administrative and other meetings as required.
- Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to improve the current systems.
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures.
- Accept responsibility and accountability as part of the position.
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Maintain CPR & AED Certifications – Will Train.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proved ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities as well as a proven ability to lead others.
- Strong business acumen and ability to grasp and utilize new technologies to improve workflow and tasks.
- Strong math analysis and computer skills.
- Capable of working independently and making sound decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of employees.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, reach and file.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance of Business preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, non-profit environment preferred.
- Previous budget and forecasting experience, non-profit environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Advanced skill level of Microsoft Excel required.
- Must be 21+ years old, have a High School Diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license, and be available by telephone for daily contact.
- Employee must be able to speak, read and write in fluent English.