~~Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive in their living, social and work communities. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
~~In a medical residence for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and complex health needs, provide nursing care, administer medication under the proper medication guidelines, and assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities.
1. Monitor health and safety of all individuals in the residence, consistent with DDS, DPH and OSHA safety/ health standards, human rights, individual dignity & choice.
2. Communicate any change in status to appropriate individuals, perform individual assessments with any change of status, and provide skilled nursing interventions as indicated.
3. Attend to the daily needs of residents on an individual ~~basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
4. Assist with transfer, toileting, and feeding individuals, as necessary, consistent with Health, Safety, and Dignity.
5. Upkeep of all nursing, medication and health records in individual confidential files; complete and submit state required medication administration and storage reports. Complete Agency accident/injury forms.
6. Work with community physicians and program staff to formulate and implement effective medical treatment plans.
7. In conjunction with program staff, teach socialization skills and activities of daily living including: household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-awareness and human development, menu planning, food shopping
~~and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; consumer skills; and utilization of community resources.
8. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation.
9. Advise program manager and staff of any medical problems that may hinder an individual’s progress or that may be aggravated by activities at the program.
10. Review medical records and physician orders to ensure program compliance, updating information as needed.
11. Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
12. Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
13. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
14. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
15. Monitor the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility.
16. If needed, provide 24 hour on-call support on a rotating basis.
17. Provide coverage at day habilitation programs or other residential programs as needed.
~~• Licensed Practical Nurse in Massachusetts with a minimum of two years’ experience required
• Knowledge of theories, methods, procedures and practices of nursing care including but not limited to G-tube/J-tube care, medication administration through G-tubes, ability to perform intermittent catheterizations, infection control and protocols and procedures.
• BLS CPR Certification
• Two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred
• Ability to lift and support body weight of any program individual with assistance of another employee.
• Possession of a valid Driver’s license, a good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
• Computer proficiency, including ability to record and enter data into an electronic database
• Effective critical thinking and communication skills