Minimum Education Required Master's Degree
Type Regular Full-Time
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing occupational therapy, assessment and recommendations as a member of the Developmental Disabilities Program at Arbour-Fuller to adults admitted to the unit.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Provide OT assessment and recommendations to individuals being treated on the unit.
- Coordinate and/or provide training for staff working with individuals with developmental disabilities on his/her caseload.
- Facilitate case consultation with an individual’s treatment team.
- Participate in daily clinical rounds with the unit’s team.
- Participate in discharge planning when special training is required.
- Proactively identify clinical risks and potential safety issues for clients.
- Ensure comprehensive and continuous communication between staff, clients, families and programs.
- Provide an environment of quality service by meeting or exceeding the needs of the client, vendor, community and agency.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and a minimum of two years' experience.
- Current, valid Commonwealth of MA license in Occupational Therapy.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!