Schedule: Weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays
Salary: $32,032 annually
- Work cooperatively with staff and program participants in assigned group to plan and implement social and recreational activities.
- Ensure that the program participants’ needs are met and that activity requirements are fulfilled according to program schedule.
- Utilize training and teaching strategies to engage individuals.
- Teach social skills to increase independence.
- Provide required documentation for participant activities for each day.
- Report concerns to the Program Manager and provide emergency interventions as needed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of social recreational activities in the community and develop curriculum related to social skills.
- Deliver all services to all program participants at all times with respect and dignity in accordance with human rights training, DDS regulations for human rights, and Bay Cove standards.
- Provide emergency interventions and physical assistance to program participants whenever it is needed.
- Provide transportation to social recreation activities by driving company vehicles.
- High School degree One year of job experience in a training program working with this population.
- Obtain after hiring and maintain required training certifications including CPR and First Aid and Prevent.
- Ability to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply techniques and information learned in training.
- Knowledge of human rights principles and demonstrated ability to treat individuals with developmental and physical disabilities with respect and dignity.
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.