Salary Range :16.82 To 23.07 (USD) Hourly
The Training Specialist is responsible for ensuring new and current employees receive the necessary trainings appropriate to their positions. Improves employees’ workplace performance in alliance with The Arc’s core values. The Training Specialist is responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of training interventions.
Monday through Friday (8am - 4pm)
- Establishes and maintains a schedule of trainings in accordance with Federal, State, Agency, OQE, and all other required trainings.
- Stays informed of changes to Federal, State, Agency, OQE, and all other required trainings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all training content in order to deliver training courses.
- Applies Adult Learning Theory concepts to the effective delivery of all trainings.
- Ensures ample trainers for each training, including creating and maintaining a schedule of trainers.
- Maintains an up-to-date agency-wide training database of training by employee with dates conducted and expiration dates of certifications to include providers and respite workers.
- Ensures proper and up-to-date certificates, licenses and other documents are on file and in sync with the agency-wide training database.
- Notifies employees, immediate supervisors and division directors of outstanding training requirements and/or impending expiration of training certifications.
- Assesses need for additional training sessions based on analysis of upcoming needs and coordinates scheduling with trainers accordingly.
- Audits training programs to ensure they are in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Researches alternative options and delivery methods for required trainings.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and minimum of three years’ experience in Training.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI/Fingerprint checks are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design and Adult Learning Theory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., kneel, bend and carry items, sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting.
- Mathematical aptitude for budgetary, funding, cost/benefit analysis and general business purposes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in written and oral English
- Ability to convey clear directions, desired results and vision to employees, community partners, peers and senior management
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage crisis
Full time positions offer comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
The Arc of Opportunity North Central Massachusetts is a smoke free workplace and campus.