Vocational Coach - 260 days, 8 hours per day, 5 days a week.
Reporting to: Assistant Director of Adult Services
Number of Openings: 1 full-time position
The Today and Tomorrow program is a Department of Developmental Services (DDS), funded program, Valley Collaborative assists individuals aged 22 and older, referred by DDS, find and maintain opportunities in the community. The services provided address each individual’s identified goals regarding involvement in personal and community activities and work status.
- The desire to make a difference in an adult’s life.
- Experience working with adults with special needs.
- Ability to teach, mentor, coach, and advocate for adult clients.
- Demonstrated ability to approach difficult youngsters in a creative and thoughtful manner.
- Flexibility to meet identified client needs.
- A strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Provide training and on-the-job support for small groups of adults at community locations.
- Liaison between community business partners and staff/individuals.
- Ensure fulfillment of contracted work with high quality while also providing individualized vocational training to adult workers.
- Provide written reports and evaluations to the appropriate program coordinator on the progress of the clients at the job site.
- Provide transportation to clients in Valley Collaborative vehicles.
- Participate in ISP team meetings, vocational planning meetings, and advocacy team meetings as necessary.
- Model positive work ethic on the job and assist individuals in being integrated in various environments.
- Modify and adapt tasks as necessary so that adults of all abilities have the opportunity to make meaningful gains.
- Supervise workers, always monitoring safety issues and reporting any concerns immediately to the Assistant Director of Adult Services.
- Assist individuals with program activities, e.g.: lunch, bus load, personal care, toileting.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-service training as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing or walking.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bends, reaches, lifts, carries, twists, pushes, pulls, and handles equipment when performing duties.
- Repetitive wrist/arm movements when on vocational site.
- Manual and finger dexterity and motor coordination are necessary when on vocational site.
- Able to reach and operate equipment and systems safely and effectively.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior):
- Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions. Adaptability to perform routine, repetitive tasks within a specific period of time. Prioritizes work assignments to be completed within time requirements.
- Must demonstrate a positive and caring attitude toward individuals and staff. Must remain flexible and adaptable in order to meet department needs.
- 12 sick, 2 personal days;
- 10 Vacation days;
- State retirement;
- Tuition assistance;
- Health and dental insurance;
- Life/ADD insurance.
Due to the high volume of response, please do not call to confirm receipt of your resume.
Valley Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valley Collaborative Programs are committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation, or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.